Monday, March 24, 2014

Alpha Beta Imprint: Chapter Three

Disclaimer: I am not Stephanie Meyer. I do not own Twilight.

Chapter Three

Jake’s POV

I took my rightful place as Beta at Sam’s side, my eyes scanning over the pack members who were already there. Leah and Seth were taking up the love seat, talking animatedly to Embry who was standing behind them. Quil was wrestling with Paul on the floor, Jared cheering them on. Brady and Collin were huddled together, watching with wide eyes. Being the two newest pack members, they weren’t used to seeing the fights between Quil and Paul. With the wolf gene so new, it was normal for them to feel threatened by fights.

“Alright, you two. Break it up,” Sam order, his eyes dark as Quil and Paul gradually separated.

“You got it, boss-man!” Quil smirked.

He and Paul sat on the floor in front of Leah and Seth, everyone giving Sam their undivided attention. Well, for the most part.

“OW! Watch it, ass-hole!” Paul yelped when Jared plopped down too close beside him.

“Move out of my way, dumb ass,” Jared countered evenly.

Paul growled, preparing to jump on the older wolf. Sam’s deep warning growl stopped them both short.

“If you two don’t stop, I’ll send you outside to patrol for the rest of the week,” Sam warned.

Everyone immediately straightened up, realizing something big was about to go down. I struggled to hide my smirk as Sam gave me an exasperated look.

“There has been a new… development… in the pack, with Jake and I,” Sam started.

“You guys switched Alpha roles?” Quil gaped.

“No, you idiot. Shut up and just listen,” I huffed, rolling my eyes.

Honestly. When would they all let that go? I had no desire to take the Alpha position from Sam.

“Last night, I imprinted on Charlie Swan’s daughter, Bella,” Sam told them.

There was a roar of approval, all of the wolves more than thrilled for their Alpha. I grinned as he received the praise with a simple nod and a slight uplifting of his lips. It was as close to a smile as any of them had ever seen.

“So, Jake, man. You imprint, too?” Embry asked, smirking at me.

“I did. This morning. When Bella came to see me,” I nodded, waiting for their reaction.

Not surprising, none of them moved for a few moments, absorbing what I’d just said.

“What?” Jared gawked, the first one to recover.

“I imprinted on Bella this morning,” I repeated.

“That’s impossible. That… It’s… Only one wolf can imprint on a person. There’s no way you two could have imprinted on the same girl,” Jared insisted.

“I assure you, Jared, it is very possible and it did happen. Jake and I both imprinted on Bella,” Sam said wryly.

“How is that even supposed to work?” Brady frowned.

I shrugged, sharing a look with Sam.

“We’ll both have her, share her. She belongs to both of us,” Sam answered nonchalantly.

“That is… disgusting,” Leah sneered.

Sam and I both growled, standing before either one of us realized it. The rest of the wolves growled reflexively. Two dominant wolves were difficult on a good day. Two angry dominant wolves always meant a fight. As Sam and I struggled with our defensive nature for our mate, Leah watched us with wide eyes, fear emanating from her very being.

“None of you will say anything bad about our mate. Anyone who does will have to deal with us and we will not be kind in our punishment,” Sam warned, his voice dangerously low.

I snarled angrily in agreement, barring my teeth at them all.

“Alright, amp it down, guys. We get it,” Seth soothed, attempting to smooth things over.

Gradually, Sam and I were able to come out of our defensive positions, resuming our place before the pack.

“We don’t know why this has happened, but it has. And we will deal with accordingly. Bella is an imprint, just like Kim and Claire. You will all treat her as such,” I stated slowly, making eye contact with each wolf.

When I received nods from all of them, I relaxed into my seat, satisfied that Bella would be accepted within the pack, at least.

“That’s all for right now. We will see if Bella will join us for a bonfire later this week. Paul and Leah, you’re patrolling now,” Sam sighed, rubbing his face wearily.

I watched as the pack filed out, all of them talking amongst themselves. I knew it would take a while for them to accept that Bella was claimed by two members of the pack instead of one, but I had faith that they would welcome her into the fold just as they had with Kim and Claire. It was the way of the pack to accept each other’s mates, no matter the circumstances.

“This is going to be harder than I thought,” Sam groaned, his elbows placed on his knees.

“You thought this would be easy?” I chuckled.

“Easier than this,” Sam scowled.

“Come on, Sam. Not only are the two of us destined to be with her, but she’s not Quileute. The tribe will likely try to go against us. We’re going to get it from La Push and Forks. The pack will accept the imprint easily enough, I think, but you saw the way my Dad was. We’re going to get that from all the members of the tribe and Council. I can’t even imagine what Charlie’s going to say when he finds out,” I grinned humorlessly.

“Why can’t life ever be easy?” Sam asked tiredly.

“Because our ancestors love a good laugh,” I answered, clapping him on the back.

Sam snorted, his lips turning up in a sardonic smile.

“Why don’t you come back to my place? I’m willing to bet that’ll be where Bella tries to reach us at. It’d be better if we were both there waiting for her,” I suggested.

“You’re right,” Sam agreed, standing up slowly.

I stood as well, walking out of the house first. I didn’t need to look behind me to know Sam was looking at the pictures of Emily before closing and locking the door, a ritual he had begun shortly after she left.

Shoving my hands in the pocket of my shorts, I started walking towards home, Sam quickly catching and keeping up with my stride. He was just as eager as I to hear from our imprint.

I only hoped Bella didn’t make us wait too long.


Bella’s POV

I stared out my window, watching the line of the trees for any movement that might signal one of my wolves was going by.

My wolves.

I sighed, resting my head on my drawn up knees at the thought. Very similar words had been swirling around my head all day, taunting me, mocking me, making me ache for what they meant.

There were times when the pull to pick up the phone and call were so strong, my body physically could not bear to stand. I wondered, vaguely, if this was the ache they had told me about, the physical desire to be near each other. If so, did they feel it as well?

I blinked once, realizing my hand was stroking over the window pane, causing small patches of fog to appear around my fingertips. Even in August, the nights here were cold.

The sound of a howl close to the house brought my attention back to the forest line, my eyes scanning for a flash of black or red-brown. Seeing none, my fingers resumed stroking the window.

I had done a little research after coming home, wanting to understand how two men could be with one woman. The images I had found were… very detailed, and I had been surprised that images of Jake, Sam, and I quickly replaced those on the screen in my head. An odd ache had begun in my stomach and… lower.

I blushed, remembering the new feeling. It had been unbearable, making me incredibly frustrated as I tried to clear the images out of my head.

Funny thing about trying to ignore something: the more I tried to forget, the more images I came up with, making the ache so much worse.

Cleaning had been the only thing that even remotely took my mind off things. I had been cleaning my room when I noticed it was dark outside, telling me my wolves would probably be outside my window soon or were already there.

Thus, I sat, waiting for them to make an appearance because… I missed them.

With that thought, I allowed myself to contemplate on where they were and what they were doing. I imagined us together, on the beach like today, but happier. Laughing as Jake and Sam chased me into the surf or wrestled on the sand while I tried to get them to stop. Snuggling on the couch as we watched TV, me sandwiched between the two of them. Falling asleep with their arms around me, protecting me, loving me.

Another howl broke through my thoughts, this one sounding much closer. My eyes zeroed in on movement right in front of my window. Squinting my eyes to try and see better, I watched as two wolves stuck their heads out of the tree line, looking right up at me.

I couldn’t help but smile as soon as I saw them. Throwing back my chair, I hurriedly pulled on a hoodie before running down the stairs, grateful that Charlie had the night shift tonight. My loud thundering footsteps down the stairs would have been a dead give-away that something was going on.

Shoving my feet into Charlie’s boots by the door, I yanked open the door and ran outside, eagerly scanning the place I’d seen my two wolves.

A soft yip sounded from directly in front of me and I hurried toward it, grinning all the while.

“Jake? Sam?” I called, moving through the first line of trees.

Rustling leaves sounded to my right and left and I spun in a circle, trying to see them. Hot breath on the back of my neck had me turning around quickly, nearly tripping in the over-sized boots. My russet wolf quickly grabbed hold of my hoodie in his mouth, keeping me from going down.

“Jake?” I questioned, still not sure which one was which.

His wolfy grin answered as he shoved his muzzle into my hood. I laughed as I stepped away from him, swatting at his shoulder.

“Where’s Sam?” I asked, looking around for my black wolf.

Jake perked his ears and tilted his head to the side, his eyes never leaving me.

A black paw wrapped around my waist, pulling me back before I could even realize what was happening. Sam held me against his warm body with one paw, sniffing my body as he did. I sighed, enjoying the warm feeling, something I hadn’t felt since Phoenix.

“You feel so good,” I breathed, snuggling further into his fur.

Jake whined across from us, his tail wagging slowly with his head bent down. He looked like a wounded puppy, eager to have attention. Sam growled softly from above me, snorting at Jake. Jake’s bark in return sounded like a laugh as he stood, trotting over to sit right in front of Sam and I.

Reaching out, I threaded my fingers through the fur at his chest. A deep rumble started up as I began petting him, making me giggle at the purr-like sound.

“Can you two change back? I want to talk to you and it’ll be easier if you can respond, because I have some questions,” I requested, biting my bottom lip in nerves.

Both wolves stood at the same time, moving away from me. Worried that they were leaving, I reached after them, making a sound of protest. They turned to face me at the same time, Jake letting out a little whine followed by a bark, his tongue lolling out as he panted in my direction.

They moved further into the trees, but I didn’t move to follow them, unsure of what was happening. Less than thirty seconds later, my men were walking towards me, each wearing cut off shorts. Jake grinned as he wrapped an arm around my shoulders.

“Bells, we missed you today,” Jake sighed, his nose pressed against my neck.

Sam came up on my other side, his hand resting at the small of my back, his nose pressed to the other side of my neck.

My heart rate picked up as I struggled to breathe, surrounded by their heat and their erotic scent.

“I, um, missed you, too. Can we… go inside?” I stuttered, my eyes closing as they both ran their noses down my neck.

My knees nearly gave out as Sam’s tongue darted out, licking the shell of my ear. His other arm came around, cradling my hip, his thumb brushing the exposed skin at the top of my jeans.

Jake’s lips were trailing paths of fire up and down the column of my throat, tasting the skin at my pulse point as he pressed his hips against my side.

The feel of his arousal jolted me out of the haze they had woven, causing me to stumbled out of their embrace.

“Stop!” I gasped, staring at them with wide eyes.

Neither one of them moved towards me, just watching as they breathed heavily. Jake’s nostrils flared as he took in a deep breath, his lids lowering slightly. Sam was panting slightly, his tongue darting out to moisten his lips. I struggled against going back into their embrace, but one glance down south and I knew it would be a bad idea.

It was clearly mating season for my wolves.

“Can we, please, just go inside and talk?” I begged, my knees still trembling.

“Of course, sweetheart,” Sam agreed, smiling softly.

“Come on, honey. You’ve got to be cold,” Jake insisted, taking my left hand.

I smiled a little as Sam reach for my right, threading it through his arm, and they began leading me towards the house. Jake reached out to open the door, indicating for me to walk ahead of them. I did, blushing slightly as I passed through the door.

I was in the house, alone, with two virile wolves who claimed I was their mate.

A shiver worked down my spine at the thought and I moved into the kitchen, intent on keeping myself busy with something. My wolves followed me, watching me from the doorway as I poured water into a kettle and set it on the stove to boil.

“Um, do you guys want anything to drink?” I offered nervously.

They both shook their heads, Jake smiling slyly at me while Sam watched me with hawk-like eyes. Both of them took in my every move as I gathered what was necessary for a cup of hot chocolate.

“We can sit at the table to talk,” I suggested, indicating the worn out table and chairs.

Sam and Jake moved to take a seat on either side of the table, leaving the once facing the window to me. Biting my lip, I slid into the seat, my nerves kicking into overtime as I glanced between the two men sitting with me.

“So, you said you had some questions, sweetheart?” Sam started.

“Oh, um, yeah. A few,” I blushed, fiddling with my hands.

“Whatever they are, honey, we’ll answer as honestly as we can. We’ll never lie to you, Bells,” Jake promised.

“O-Okay,” I squeaked.

They waited, watching me closely as I struggled to gather enough courage to ask the questions I wanted to ask.

“How will this all work? How do I explain this if someone asked?” I asked, figuring it was a good starting point.

“You tell them that we both love you and want you to be happy. I’m not going to lie to you, Bella, people will talk. There will be rumors, we’ll all get looks when we show up at places together. The people on the reservation are not going to be happy because you’re not Quileute, but none of that matters. The only thing that does matter is that you are happy. Jake and I will do everything in our power to make you happy,” Sam vowed.

I let out a breath, not liking the sound of being the center of attention.

“We can try to keep our public displays to a minimum, but it’ll be hard. We’re wolves and we have the desire to claim what is ours,” Jake offered painfully.

“No, it’s not that. I’m not worried about what other people think. I just hate being the center of attention,” I grumbled.

My wolves stared at me, shock prominent on both their faces. I smiled slightly, leaning forward a little and placing my hands on the table. The next topic I wanted to discuss was a bit harder and it was a few minutes before I was able to get the words out.

“What about… um, the physical…” I trailed off, blushing again.

Jake and Sam shared a look before returning their gazes to me. I bit my lip as I noticed both of their eyes were considerably darker and they had taken on a predatory glint.

“We will share you. However you want us,” Jake murmured, his hand reaching out to take mine, stroking the inside of my palm.

I felt the connection throughout my entire body, barely keeping back a whimper as his calloused hands caressed my smooth skin. Sam watched with greedy eyes as I squirmed under Jake’s ministrations. I blushed at the fact that I was getting all worked up over such a simple thing as holding hands.

“Bells, we were made for each other. You were made for me and Sam. We’ll be good together, honey, I promise,” Jake assured me, grinning widely.

I nodded, unable to come up with anything better.

“So, we’re going to turn this town on its head, huh?” I grinned wryly.

“Better believe it, Bells,” Jake winked.

“Bella, you can’t tell anyone about us. What we are has to remain a secret,” Sam insisted gently, moving to play with the fingers of my free hand.

“I know, Sam. I promise, no one will find out about you guys from me,” I smiled.

He returned it, bringing my fingers to his lips for a kiss. I blushed at the romantic gesture, still a little unsettled at the ease in which they seemed to show their affection for me physically.

“One more thing, honey. When you start school next month, we want you to be very careful. The vampires we were telling you about, do you remember?” Jake asked.

“Of course. The Cold Ones, right?” I asked, looking between them.

“That’s right, sweetheart. The family that lives here are the Cullens. They only drink from animals, but you still need to be careful around them. Avoid them at all costs,” Sam pleaded, sounding almost desperate.

His hand gripped mine tightly, his face practically pained.

“Okay. I will, I promise,” I whispered, trying to sooth him.

“If anything happens with them, you tell us, Bella. We’ll take care of it,” Jake scowled.

I nodded, worried about my wolves. If they were this upset just talking about the Cullens, what would they do if the Cullens actually approached me?

Jake sighed, glancing over at the stove and choking on a laugh.

“Uh, honey? I think you’re hot water is done,” Jake chuckled.

I turned to see what he was talking about and noticed steam billowing from the pot as it rattled on the stove.

“Shoot! How did I not notice that?” I cried, hurrying to move the kettle off the stove.

Removing the lid, I looked inside to see that all the water had basically evaporated, leaving very little left in the pot. Sighing, I dumped the pot into the sink, running cold water over it to help cool it off.

“It’s getting late anyway. Will you come down to the rez tomorrow?” Jake asked as he and Sam stood up.

“Sure. I’d like that,” I agreed, smiling slightly.

“Sleep tight, honey,” Jake murmured, pressing his lips to my forehead.

“We’ll be outside if you need us, sweetheart,” Sam told me, kissing my cheek.

“Okay. Be safe,” I pleaded as they walked towards the door.

“Don’t worry, Bells. We’re the biggest, baddest thing in the woods now a days,” Jake laughed, leaving.

Sam shot me one last smile before following Jake outside and back into the woods. I heard their howls as they changed into the wolf, a shiver running down my spine.

As I climbed between the sheets a few minutes later, I felt a deep peace come over me, knowing my wolves were out there, making sure nothing bad happened to me.



No comments:

Post a Comment