Monday, March 24, 2014

Alpha Beta Imprint: Chapter Five

Disclaimer: I am not Stephanie Meyer. I do not own Twilight.

Chapter Five

Jake’s POV

I was still growling as I waited for Sam to join me a short distance away from our imprint. I kept most of my senses focused on her as Sam stopped in front of me, his head bowed.

“You idiot,” I snarled.

He didn’t say anything to defend himself, knowing what he’d almost cost us both. I began pacing, unable to completely control the trembling in my limbs.

“Do you realize what you could’ve done? She could’ve left us both! This isn’t about you, Sam. The three of us are in this relationship together. That means we all discuss what will happen in our relationship. Just because you’re Alpha doesn’t give you the right to dictate what goes on in the imprint,” I whispered furiously.

“I know, Jake. I’m sorry,” Sam sighed, his shoulders drooping in submission.

“You’re lucky she forgave you,” I hissed.

“I know,” Sam repeated, glancing up at me.

“If you do anything else to jeopardize this relationship, I will hurt you,” I warned.

“I should hope so,” Sam grinned wryly.

I smirked, feeling the anger roll away as I turned to look down the beach at our girl. She was watching the waves, biting on her lower lip. I relaxed further, taking in a deep breath to catch her scent on the breeze.

“We’re going to have a shit storm to deal with when this thing gets out,” Sam murmured, watching our Bella, too.

“I know, but she can handle it. She’s a lot stronger than most people give her credit for,” I assured him.

“I don’t know. I worry about what’ll happen the first time someone says something in front of her,” Sam frowned.

“We’ll have Leah give her bitch lessons. She’ll be fine,” I laughed.

Sam huffed a laugh, shaking his head.

“That amazed me,” Sam admitted.

“What? Leah being nice? I think everyone was a little shocked,” I nodded.

“Did you notice what she called her?” Sam asked.

“’Sun’? Yeah, I did. Not sure what exactly she meant by it, though,” I mumbled, watching as Bella walked closer to the ocean.

“It’s hard to tell with Leah, but I think it was her way of showing approval,” Sam decided.

“No duh,” I scoffed.

“Just saying,” Sam placated.

We stood in silence for a little while, just watching Bella as she toed off her shoes and waded in the cold water. Despite the fact that it was August, the water was freezing. I smiled when she shivered against it. I smiled wider when she continued to walk in the water, her shoes dangling from a hand.

“She’s beautiful,” Sam sighed.

I chuckled, would’ve called him out for being such a pansy, but my thoughts were too similar for me to make fun of him.

“I kissed her today,” I said instead.

“You what?” Sam asked, his voice harsh.

“Just a little peck. No big deal. Thought you should know,” I shrugged.

Sam harrumphed beside me, clearly put out at not getting a kiss from Bella. I shook my head at his near pouting, laughing silently at the turn in him.

“Let’s go get our girl,” I suggested, bumping his shoulder as I took off after Bella.

I caught up to her quickly, Sam right behind me. I lifted her into my arms, laughing at her squeals. I spun her around a few times before tossing her over to Sam, who caught her effortlessly. He was laughing loudly as she attempted to choke him, holding on for dear life.

“Don’t throw me!” Bella ordered firmly.

“Wouldn’t dream of it, sweetheart,” Sam grinned, placing a kiss on her forehead.

“We should probably head back,” I insisted, indicating the bonfires in the distance.

“Ugh. It’s so far,” Bella pouted.

“Like we would make you walk,” Sam scoffed, starting towards the tiny dots.

“You made me walk out here,” Bella pointed out.

“Knowing that you wouldn’t be able to make the walk back. It gives us an excuse to hold you,” Sam countered.

“Sneaky wolves,” Bella muttered, snuggling into Sam’s chest.

We flashed each other a grin over top her head as we continued down the beach. When Bella reached a hand out, searching for mine, I sighed contently, knowing the three of us would be just fine.


Bella’s POV

It had been a little over a week since the bonfire and school was looming on the horizon. Sam and Jake were both anxious for that first day, worried about me being in the same classes as the Cullens. I didn’t think it would be that big of a deal, but they couldn’t seem to stop worrying about it.

“Maybe we should talk to the council, get you in at the rez school,” Jake speculated.

“We’ve been over this. They won’t make an exception, especially since they disprove so strongly of our relationship,” Sam reminded him tiredly.

The two of them were sitting at the kitchen table, having just finished lunch. I was amazed at how much food my wolves ate. I had made twenty sandwiches and they were all gone. As I finished scrubbing the last plate, I glanced over at them, smiling at the disgruntled looks on their faces.

“I’ll be perfectly fine at Forks High School. You don’t need to worry. It’s likely that they won’t even notice me,” I told them.

“They’ll notice our scent on you, though. They’re bound to ask questions. Maybe we should call Dr. Cullen again, tell him that if any of them approach her, we’ll view it as a violation of the treaty,” Sam debated.

“You can’t do that. What if we have classes together? It won’t be their faults,” I argued.

“They can switch their classes around. It’s disgusting, pretending to be human and going to high school,” Jake snorted.

“You two, I swear,” I sighed, shaking my head.

“I know. Aren’t we just adorable?” Jake cooed, batting his eyelashes.

I laughed loudly as Sam shot him a wide-eyed look, obviously concerned.

“My puppies,” I clucked.

“Hey! We are not puppies! We are wolves!” Jake insisted, frowning.

“Hmm. Some days I wonder,” I hummed, turning back to the plate.

“Back to the Cullens,” Sam coughed.

I groaned, slumping against the counter as they both became overly serious again.

“I’m thinking the best way to go about this is to have a wolf stationed outside during school hours. That way, it won’t be hard for one of us to get to her before something happens,” Sam suggested.

“It might work, but I don’t know if I like the idea of us being so far away. If something does happen, we’d still have to phase to human, get into the school, find out where she is, and then deal with the problem. That’s a lot of time the bloodsuckers could use against us,” Jake hedged.

“How about this, for the first day, I go alone, as if nothing is out of the ordinary. If, and only if, something happens, we will deal with it then. In all likelihood, nothing will happen at all and you two are just being paranoid,” I huffed, stacking the plate away.

“Of course we’re paranoid! You’re our imprint. We have to protect you,” Jake exclaimed, glaring at me slightly.

“Until a threat has been confirmed, you will not stalk my school,” I ordered.

Both my wolves looked at me, disbelief coloring their expressions. I stood, hands on my hips, staring them down.

“You know, it’s kinda hot when you go all Alpha-female on us,” Jake hummed, his lids lowering to half-mast.

I felt the blush sweep over my cheeks as I quickly looked away from him. Sam wasn’t much better as he began eyeing my body possessively. I shifted uncomfortably under their intense gazes, trying to decide if it would be a bad idea to make a run for my room or not.

Before I could come to a decision, Charlie’s cruiser pulled into the driveway. I sighed somewhat in relief, somewhat in defeat. I knew as soon as Charlie came in, he would give both boys a scrutinizing glare, walk into the living room, plop in his chair, and pretend to watch TV while not-so-secretly eavesdropping on our conversation in the kitchen.

He surprised me today, though. When he walked through the door, he made his way into the kitchen, gave the boys a once over, grabbed a beer out of the fridge, and took a seat at the kitchen table with them.

“I think it’s time the three of us had a talk, boys,” Charlie stated, completely calm.

My eyes widened as I imagined what exactly my dad wanted to talk to them about.

“Bells, why don’t you head upstairs for a minute. We won’t be long,” Charlie advised.

“I don’t know, Dad. What are you going to talk to them about?” I asked, worrying my bottom lip.

“Just need to talk to these boys on how to treat a young girl,” Charlie answered gruffly, giving me a hard look.

“That’s not necessary, Dad,” I told him, taking a defensive position.

“I think you should go upstairs, Bella. This won’t take long,” Charlie reiterated.

“No. If you’re going to talk to them about being in a relationship with me, I think I should be here,” I decided, not moving an inch.

I watched as Charlie’s face turned red, his grip on the beer bottle tightening. Sam and Jake remained as still as possible, obviously knowing it was in their best interest to stay quiet and let my dad and I hash this out.

“Relationship? With both of them? Isabella Marie Swan, are you out of your mind?” Charlie nearly roared.

“No, I’m completely sane. And you should take a deep breath before you hurt yourself,” I instructed, moving to take a seat at the table with them.

As soon as I sat down, Charlie began breathing heavily, glaring between the two boys on either side of us.

“You are not dating two boys, Bella. I forbid it,” Charlie stated, his mustache twitching.

I stared at him as Sam and Jake both tensed, each of their hands going out to grab one of mine. I squeezed gently, encouraging them that everything was going to be fine. Charlie glared at our joined hands, his face turning a darker shade of red.

“Dad, you can’t take me away from them,” I said slowly and calmly.

“The hell I can’t! I’m your father, you’re living under my roof, you will do as I say!” Charlie shouted, standing up and banging his fists on the table.

In the blink of an eye, Jake and Sam were standing between Charlie and myself, their bodies trembling as they tried to keep from phasing in my kitchen. Low growls escaped between clenched teeth as they kept me from the threat of my father.

The sound of chair legs scrapping against the linoleum floor sounded ominously in the tiny kitchen. I saw Charlie’s surprised look over Jake’s shoulder and knew my boys were more wolves at the moment than human.

“What the hell is going on?” Charlie snapped, his voice no more than a whisper.

Ignoring my father for the moment, I placed my hands on Jake and Sam’s back, gently rubbing my thumb against their heated skin.

“It’s okay, guys. I’m fine. Charlie’s not going to hurt me,” I murmured, willing my calm onto them.

Jake turned his head to the side, looking over my body for any signs of damage or fear. When he found none, he relaxed slightly, turning to look at Charlie again while Sam checked me over. Deciding I was safe, they stopped growling and moved to stand on either side of me, Jake’s arm around my shoulders, Sam’s arm around my waist.

“Dad, I think we should take a trip to La Push.”


Thirty minutes later, we were all crowded in the Black’s tiny living room. Jake and Sam stood behind the armchair I was seated in, cautiously watching Charlie as he listened to Billy tell him about the tribal legends.

I was surprised at how easily Billy had been convinced to explain the legends to an outsider. Apparently, the threat of having an imprint taken away from her wolves was enough of an emergency that the council had agreed to tell my dad about them.

I sighed softly, tapping my foot in the air while I watched Charlie’s face turn from pale to red to purple. If this wasn’t the third time today his face had changed colors, I’d be a little worried, but he seemed to be doing fine.

Glancing up at my wolves, I smiled at their dark expressions. Both had their arms folded across their chests, glaring at Billy and Charlie. I was somewhat surprised they weren’t standing in front of me, protecting me from my father. I hadn’t realized just how important I was to them until they had jumped in defense of me when Charlie hit the table. The knowledge gave me a warm feeling in the pit of my stomach.

“So, you see Charlie, there isn’t really much any of us can do. No one likes the idea of the three of them in a relationship, but it’s what has been decided,” Billy finished, bringing my attention back to my dad.

Charlie looked over at Jake and Sam, disbelief written all over his multicolored face.

“Would you like to see, Charlie?” Jake asked, smiling slightly.

I giggled at the terrified look on Charlie’s face, reaching up to smack Jake in the arm.

“They’re not as scary as you would think, Dad. They’re just really big dogs. You throw a ball, I guarantee, they’ll go after it,” I teased, still laughing.

“You’ve seen them, Bells?” Charlie asked weakly.

“Sure. They had to show me the first time they told me. I was going to report them to a mental institute,” I shrugged.

Charlie looked between Jake and Sam again, obviously thinking things through.

“Alright. Let’s see this,” Charlie nodded.

Jake jerked in surprise, clearly not anticipating Charlie actually agreeing. Sam sighed, his shoulders drooping as he smirked at Jake.

Reaching down, Sam took hold of my hand and helped me out of the armchair. I was smiling widely in excitement as I grabbed onto Jake’s arm and began leading them from the house. Charlie and Billy followed behind at a slower pace. Sam leaned down and kissed the top of my head, while Jake kissed my cheek, before walking into the forest to phase.

“Where are they going?” Charlie asked once we’d moved into the trees.

“Calm down, Dad. They’ll be right back. They have to take off their clothes when they phase,” Bella explained easily.

Charlie’s face reddened again as he looked me over.

“You’ve seen this?” Charlie asked.

“No! Dad!” I groaned, feeling myself blush.

“Just checking, kid. This is all so weird,” Charlie frowned, looking back towards the woods.

“Just you wait, Charlie,” Billy chuckled behind us.

The sound of leaves rustling turned my attention to the tree line. My black wolf came out first, followed quickly by my russet wolf. They both wagged their tails when they saw me and I couldn’t help the smile that formed across my face. They were so beautiful and I actually ached in my desire to touch them.

I moved to go towards them, but Charlie’s arm around my waist pulled me back with a huff.

“Bella! You can’t just approach wild animals!” Charlie scolded, reaching for his gun.

“Dad! It’s Sam and Jake!” I cried in exasperation.

His arm loosened enough for me to break free and I walked quickly to my wolves, my fingers instantly threading through the fur at the side of their necks. Both of them lowered their heads, nuzzling me each in turn. I laughed lightly when Jake’s touch reached out and licked the side of my face.

“Bella,” Charlie called uneasily.

“It’s okay, Dad. They won’t hurt me,” I assured him, turning to face him.

Charlie shifted uneasily, his hand still on his gun. Jake let out a little bark, crouching down and wagging his tail. I laughed as he began prancing around, trying to get Charlie to loosen up. Sam let out a sigh, shaking his body as if he’d just come out of the ocean.

Charlie was watching the two of them with wide eyes, obviously unsure about how to act around giant wolves.

“Come here, Dad,” I insisted, my hand still on Sam’s shoulder.

Slowly, Charlie approached Jake, still clutching his gun. Jake lowered his massive body to the ground, looking up at Charlie with his pitiful brown eyes, his tail wagging slowly. Billy scoffed from the porch, obviously viewing Jake’s display as ridiculous.

Once Charlie was within touching distance, Jake butted his head against my dad’s knees. Charlie reached down, still moving incredibly slow, and touched Jake’s head. Jake’s tail started wagging faster and his tongue lolled out as he started panting. I giggled into Sam’s fur as my dad stared at Jake like he was some mutant alien.

“Okay. Okay, I get it. They’re not dangerous,” Charlie nodded, backing away.

Jake barked, jumping to his feet and wagging his tail as me moved closer to Sam and I. As one, they turned back into the forest to phase back to human. I bit my lip in disappointment, watching them disappear before turning back to my dad. He was watching me with a curious look on his face.

“I still don’t like this, Bells, but I get it,” Charlie sighed, running a hand through his hair.

I smiled, giving him a hug in thanks. He grunted and patted my back a little roughly.

“Chief Swan, we just want you to know, Bella will always be the most important thing in the world to us. Nothing else matters as much as she does. We will protect her with our lives, sir,” Sam insisted, startling me with his reappearance.

“I believe you, Sam. Just, no funny business in my house,” Charlie ordered, glaring at them both.

“Sure thing, Charlie. Now, how about some pizza and pre-season football?” Jake offered, rubbing his hands together.

“You should see these boys eat, Chief. Knock off two pizzas each,” Billy chuckled as we moved back towards the house.

“How is that boy of yours not running you into the ground, old man?” Charlie asked, slapping Billy on the shoulder.

“I don’t buy any more food than usual. He knows if it runs out, he’s out of luck,” Billy grinned, wheeling into the house.

Just as I went to follow them inside, Jake grabbed my hand to stop me.

“Take a walk with us,” Jake requested, nodding towards the beach.

“Sure,” I agreed, taking Sam’s hand with my free hand.

I enjoyed the warmth of their hands in mine as we took the worn path down to the beach. I wondered vaguely what they wanted to talk to me about, a little worried Sam was going to try and break up with me again.

“You were amazing today,” Jake smiled, kissing my temple when we made it to the beach.

“It’s not like I did anything special,” I shrugged, blushing under his compliment.

“You stood up for us. And not to just anybody, but your father,” Sam disagreed.

“He needs to get used to you guys. You’re going to be a huge part of my life from now on,” I waved off.

Neither one of them answered as we moved towards a familiar piece of driftwood. Sam sat down first, pulling me into his lap while Jake took a seat beside us, pulling my feet into his lap. I snuggled deeper into Sam’s warmth and shoved my toes under Jake’s hands.

“We haven’t really talked much about what’s going to happen down the road,” Sam observed.

“I didn’t think we needed to,” I sighed, listening to his heartbeat.

“Well, it is kind of important, Bells. It’s our life,” Jake chuckled.

“Yeah, but we’ll be together, right? That’s all that really matters,” I said.

“Oh, we’ll be together, alright. The thing is, Jake and I can’t leave the reservation, which means you’ll be stuck here, too,” Sam explained.

“That’s not so horrible. I like it here. Plus, it’s close to Charlie,” I smiled.

“You wouldn’t exactly have a lot of options in what you want to do. And… college would be difficult,” Sam swallowed.

“Why?” I asked, realizing this was important to them.

“We can’t go, Bells. If you decide to go somewhere far away, we can’t come with you. We wouldn’t even be able to visit if it was out of state,” Jake frowned.

“Then I won’t go far away. I can go to a community college or take classes online,” I decided.

Neither one of them seemed to like the way this way going. Sam shifted underneath me, a pained noise coming from his throat. Jake began picking at my jean covered legs, staring at the fabric as if it held all the answers.

“Okay, what’s wrong with the two of you?” I asked, moving so I could look at both of them.

“We don’t want to take things away from you, Bells. We want you to be happy, but we also can’t be away from you. It makes things difficult,” Jake answered slowly.

“I will be happy if I’m with you two. Going away to school doesn’t hold much interest for me. College doesn’t hold much interest for me to be honest,” I told them, wrinkling my nose.

“If there is something you want to do, though, you will tell us, right? We’ll make it happen, so how,” Sam pleaded.

“If there’s something that I absolutely have to do, I will tell you guys,” I promised.

“Good. We want you to be happy, sweetheart, no matter what,” Sam smiled, kissing the corner of my mouth.

I gasped softly as a bolt of heat shot through my body, making me incredibly aware of every place our bodies touched. Sam’s arms branded around me as he groaned, his nose pressed against the curve of my neck. Jake’s eyes were black as he watched me intensely, his fingers tracing designs on my ankle.

I sighed, dropping my head back when Sam’s lips began trailing along my pulse point. His teeth nipped at the tendons, his tongue soothing away the sting. My fingers went to his hair, holding him against my neck, aching for more.

“You’re so beautiful, Bells. And you smell so fucking good,” Jake groaned from my other side.

I jumped slightly, not having noticed his movement. I cried out when I felt his teeth on the other side of my neck, his hand trailing down my side, spreading across my stomach.

Sam growled softly, his fingers tangling in my hair as he turned my head. I was panting, aching in places that had never ached before, as I watched him. He let out a strangled noise before pressing his lips to mine. I gasped and his tongue was invading my mouth, tasting every unmarked place. I groaned, arching into the kiss, wanting more.

One of their hands gripped my breast, squeezing gently and I cried out into Sam’s mouth. Jake was sucking the skin at my neck between his teeth, no doubt leaving a mark, but I wanted more. I gripped his hair, pulling at the short strands and he growled against my skin.

Sam bit at my bottom lip, his tongue darting out to run over the swollen rim. As he bent to renew his attack on my neck, Jake turned me to face him, quickly replacing Sam’s lips with his own. I whimpered as he began exploring my mouth, his tongue tickling the roof of my mouth.

The hand on my breast was tweaking my nipple through my bra and shirt, making me writhe in Sam’s lap. I could feel his erection against my hip each time I moved and it sent a jolt through my lower regions each time. I rubbed my legs together, trying to get some friction where I so desperately needed it.

“Shh, honey. We know what you need,” Jake murmured against my lips.

“Please,” I whimpered, clutching at both of them.

“Shh,” Jake repeated before meshing his lips to mine again.

A hand, I’m not sure whose, rose from my knee to my hip, slowly moving to the inside. I wanted to scream at them to hurry up, to do something, but I was loath to lose Jake’s lips.

Sam was nipping at my collar bone at this point, licking along my skin. I arched into his mouth, wanting his tongue lower. I was shocked to realize I wanted his mouth on my breast, sucking the nipple into his mouth. The thought sent another jolt through my body as someone’s fingers pressed into my lower lips through my jeans.

I cried out into Jake’s mouth, nearly coming up off Sam’s lap as the fingers moved insistently against my jean covered opening. I moved with the fingers, feeling something curling inside of me tighter and tighter.

“That’s it, sweetheart. You look so sexy moving against my hand,” Sam moaned into my ear, his tongue darting out to lick the outer shell.

I screamed into Jake’s mouth at his words, jerking his hair when Jake pinched my nipple harder. Jake released my lips to move back down to my neck, his teeth going as low as my t-shirt would allow him.

When I felt his teeth through my t-shirt, biting my nipple, I screamed, the coil in my stomach snapping as Sam’s fingers pressed against my clit, bringing me to my first orgasm.

For a long while, I lay panting in their arms, unable to form coherent thought. Sam was murmuring soothing words in my ear, slowly stroking my thigh, while Jake hummed softly, nuzzling my neck.

Gradually, I gained control over my facilities and was able to sit up. I blushed when I looked around, realizing what we’d just done at a public beach.

“Oh, God,” I groaned, bowing my head to hide behind my hair.

“Don’t, honey. Don’t hide from us. It wasn’t wrong,” Jake begged, brushing my hair back.

“I don’t regret it,” I murmured, looking up to meet his eyes.

It was true. While I wished we could’ve done this is a more private place, I didn’t regret what had just happened. It had been the most wonderful experience of my life.

“We didn’t mean to lose control like that, sweetheart. We shouldn’t have done it here,” Sam apologized, nearly reading my thoughts.

“It’s okay. Next time, can we just… not be so public?” I requested, blushing harder.

“Of course,” Sam smiled, kissing my temple.

I sighed happily, leaning into his chest while Jake played with my fingers. Shifting in Sam’s lap, I felt his erection brush against my thigh and bit my lip.

“What about you guys?” I asked timidly.

“What about us, honey?” Jake asked, smiling slightly.

“Do you, um, need me to do anything?” I offered, not meeting their eyes.

“No. Just being able to see you like that is enough,” Sam assured me, inhaling deeply.

“We have plenty of time, Bells, for us to learn how to please each other,” Jake winked.

I giggled, unable to help myself as Jake wiggled his eyebrows at me.

“We should probably head back,” Sam sighed reluctantly.

I nodded, standing up to straighten out my clothes. Looking down, I realized how rumpled I looked and laughed.

“Charlie is so going to kill you guys,” I smiled.

“Maybe, but it was worth it,” Jake shrugged, shooting me another wink.

“Well, I like you guys alive, so help me out,” I insisted, trying to fix my hair.

Once I was deemed presentable, we began walking back towards the Black’s house. Jake and Sam let me go in ahead of them and I blushed when Charlie and Billy looked me over, then looked at Sam and Jake.

“Thought I said no funny business, boys,” Charlie frowned.

“Actually, Charlie, you said no funny business in your house,” Jake corrected.

I thought for sure Charlie was going to reach for his gun, but he just turned red for a minute, grunted, and turned back to the game.

I breathed a sigh of relief and took a spot on the couch. Sam and Jake sat on either side of me and immediately joined in the sports talk. I leaned back against the couch, content just being around the most important people in my life.

I felt Jake wrap an arm around my shoulders at one point and Sam brought my feet into his lap shortly after. Surrounded by their warmth and the familiar sounds of football on the TV, I was asleep in no time.



No comments:

Post a Comment