Monday, March 24, 2014

Alpha Beta Imprint: Chapter Seven

Disclaimer: I am not Stephanie Meyer. I do not own Twilight.

Chapter Seven

Bella’s POV

I snuggled further into Sam’s side, smiling as Jake came over and lifted my feet into his lap. My toes were instantly cocooned in warmth as his hands began rubbing away the cold. I sighed contently, happy that we had moved past our first major hurtle.

If I had known that eavesdropping on Jake and Charlie’s conversation would lead to a full our brawl over Sam’s ex, I probably wouldn’t have listened in. Curiosity may not have killed the cat this time, but there’s no telling what might happen the next go round.

“Will you two promise me something?” I asked quietly.

“Anything,” Jake agreed softly.

“No more secrets. With three people in a relationship, it’s going to be hard enough dealing with outside forces. We need to be united on all fronts or else we’ll be torn apart by speculation and rumors,” I insisted, looking between them.

“You’re right. No more secrets,” Sam nodded, kissing the top of my head.

“Good. Now, find something decent on TV,” I commanded, waving to the remote control.

Chuckling, Jake leaned forward and picked up the controller, turning the television onto sports.

“How’s pre-season football sound?” Jake asked teasingly.

“Sounds perfect,” I smiled, burrowing into Sam’s side.

“Really? I was just teasing. We could find something else,” Jake offered, clearly surprised.

“Nope. This is fine. Just try not to shout my ears off,” I assured him.

“How the hell did we get lucky enough to find one of the few women in the world who actually enjoy football?” Sam asked Jake over my head.

“Hell if I know, but I’m not complaining,” Jake grinned, rubbing my leg slowly.

“Shush. Game’s on,” I hushed, focusing on the screen.

“That, Miss Swan, is incredibly hot,” Sam murmured in my ear as Jake hummed approvingly.

“Yeah, well, spending summers with Charlie and then living with a minor league baseball player, it’s kind of hard not to pick up on a few things,” I shrugged, blushing slightly.

“You don’t see us complaining, do you, sweetheart?” Sam chuckled.

I sighed heavily, showing my disproval at their teasing.

“We’re going to be throwing another bonfire Sunday to celebrate the end of the summer. You should come,” Jake suggested, nudging my feet, effectively changing the topic.

“I’ll talk to Charlie about it,” I agreed, focusing on the battle between the Seahawks and the Panthers.

As the whistle was blown, signaling the start of the game, both of my wolves’ attention was drawn to the screen. Shouts were thrown at the TV almost as often as the coasters from the coffee table. By halftime, the Seahawks were up fourteen and there were no more coasters within reach.

“Alright, Sam, pick up those damn energy drinks and get rid of them. The smell is going to start seeping into your carpet soon,” Jake grimaced, glaring at the empty cans.

“Yeah, yeah, I hear you. Get up off your ass and help me out if it bothers your delicate senses so greatly,” Sam cajoled.

“No thanks. I like where I am just fine,” Jake smirked, pulling me up and against his chest.

Sam glared at his brother, but began cleaning up the house, tossing all the cans into the trash. By the time the game started up again, he was sitting on the couch, rubbing my ankles and rewarming my toes.

Sighing contently, I closed my eyes, relishing having two such amazing men to look after me.

And keep my toes warm.


I walked down the well-worn path, careful to avoid rocks and stick, knowing they would enjoy tripping me if I allowed them to. The sand proved to just as difficult with all the shifting going on underneath my feet.

I peeked up, looking for the light of the bonfire and spotted it a few yards to my left. I smiled and stopped when I saw Jake coming to greet me.

“Hey, Bells. I was starting to wonder when you were going to get here,” Jake grinned.

“Sorry, but I had to make sure Charlie had food before I left,” I shrugged, returning his smile.

He leaned down, wrapping his arms around my waist. My eyes fluttered closed as he pressed his lips to mine in greeting. A soft sigh left me as he pulled me flush against his chest. My hands found their way into his hair, luxuriating in their silky softness. His tongue parted my lips, slipping between my teeth to trace against the roof of my mouth. I whimpered when one of his hands moved up to brush against the side of my breast.

Gasping for air, he broke the kiss, grinning like an idiot. He kissed me once more, a fierce pressing of his lips to mine.

“I missed you,” Jake murmured, his lips brushing mine as he spoke.

“You saw me two days ago and spent the night outside my window last night,” I reminded him, laughing lightly.

“Yeah, but it feels like forever since I’ve held you,” Jake pouted, running his nose along my neck.

I sighed heavily, shaking my head at his puppy-dog eyes.

“Where’s Sam?” I asked as we started walking to the fire.

“Patrolling,” Jake answered briefly.

“Patrolling? Why?” I asked, frowning slightly.

“We all run the border of La Push regularly. Even if the Cullens are bound by the treaty, there are other vampires out there who aren’t and we need to be on the watch for them,” Jake explained.

“You’re out looking for vampires?” I asked, feeling a little lightheaded.

“Of course, honey. We have to protect the tribe and our people. And you,” Jake smiled, kissing my temple.

“Vampires are around my house?” I squeaked, panicked.

“No, silly. We’re just making sure you’re safe. You are a little accident prone, honey,” Jake chuckled.

“Am not,” I mumbled, crossing my arms.

And promptly tripped over my own feet. I was blushing as Jake caught me, laughing at my misstep.

“Sure, sure,” Jake smirked.

“Shut up, Jake,” I grumbled, shoving his large chest.

We arrived at the bonfire and everyone greeted me enthusiastically. Kim came bounding over, eagerly grabbing my hand and pulling me to a log.

“How have you been? I haven’t heard from you since the last bonfire,” Kim sulked.

“Sorry, but I’ve been a little busy balancing my dad, Jake, Sam, and everything that needs to get done daily,” I sighed, leaning back slightly.

“So, tell me, have you three done anything more since the last time we talked?” Kim asked slyly.

“Kim!” I shrieked, laughing in embarrassment.

“What? I told you I want details,” Kim insisted, grinning widely.

“What the hell was that, Swan? That high pitch you just reached almost hurt my ears,” Leah teased, plopping down next to me.

“Hush, Leah. Bella was about to tell me about her sexcapades,” Kim quieted, waving the she-wolf off.

“I so don’t need to hear about it. It’s bad enough I have to see it. Never knew you were into voyeurism, Swan,” Leah smirked.

I groaned, no doubt blushing ten shades of red as Kim squealed excitedly beside me.

“You guys had sex already? And in public? And you didn’t call me!” Kim shouted, alerting the entire pack to our conversation.

“Kim! Shut up! We did not have sex!” I hissed quietly.

Kim quieted, waiting patiently for an explanation. I glanced around to notice the pack was watching me out of the corner of their eyes and Jake was obviously trying not to laugh.

“We didn’t have sex, but we did… um, well, actually, they did all the work,” I admitted, still blushing furiously.

“Oh my gosh! Did they give you oral sex in public?” Kim asked excitedly.

“No! Jeeze, Kim! Where do you get this stuff?” I groaned, covering my face with my hands.

“Well, then where happened?” Kim huffed.

“They basically finger fucked her with her jeans still on. Happy now? Damn, but you’re annoying when you’re like this,” Leah snapped.

“Aw, Bella! That’s not nearly as bad as you’re making it out to be. Jared and I fuck in public all the time. When he was still in school, we even did it in the girls’ locker room,” Kim admitted, giggling.

“TMI, Kim. TMI,” I frowned, leaning against the log.

“I figured if I told you a little about mine and Jared’s sex life you won’t be so embarrassed,” Kim shrugged.

“Didn’t work,” I mumbled, closing my eyes.

“Sick. You are a sick bitch, Kim,” Leah said.

“You just wish you were as freaky as me,” Kim goaded.

“In your dreams, whore,” Leah snorted.

“Fuck you, slut-bag! I’ve only slept with one man my entire life! We all know who the real whore is here!” Kim argued back.

“Hell, it’s not like I try to hide it,” Leah accepted easily.

“Leah, you’re ‘sposed to insult me back,” Kim sighed, as if it were so obvious.

“Eh. I can’t. It’s time for me to patrol. We’ll finish this later, hoe,” Leah grinned, standing up.

“Looking forward to it, bitch,” Kim laughed, bumping Leah’s fist.

“You two are so weird,” I moaned, shaking my head.

“Get used to it,” Leah called, walking away.

“I’d rather not,” I mumbled.

“It’s cool. Leah’s not good with emotions and stuff, so we bitch at each other to show how much we care,” Kim explained.

“Weird,” I repeated.

She didn’t have time to respond before I was lifted off the sand and into a warm embrace. I squealed as Sam spun me around once before setting me down on my feet. His greeting was similar to Jake’s as he pressed his lips to mine, his hands gripping my hips and pulling me as close as possible. My insides quivered as he pulled my tongue into his mouth, stroking it with his.

“Hello, there, beautiful,” Sam breathed once we’d pulled apart.

“Hi,” I whispered, enjoying his warmth.

“See anything out there, Sam?” Jared asked, now sitting beside Kim.

“Nothing out of the ordinary,” Sam shrugged, an arm around my shoulders.

“I talked to the guys about tomorrow. We’re good to go,” Jake told Sam, coming to wrap his arm around my waist.

“I still think it’s stupid to protect the school. Just kick the leeches out of Forks and be done with it. They’re nothing but trouble,” Paul grumbled.

“Wait. You’re going to be around the school Monday?” I asked, looking between my wolves.

“Yes. Just for the first few days. We want to make sure the Cullens abide by the new treaty,” Sam answered.

“You’ll be perfectly safe, honey,” Jake promised, kissing my temple.

“I’m not worried about that! What if someone sees you?” I hissed, worried.

“Don’t worry, sweetheart. We know what we’re doing,” Sam assured me.

“If you’re sure. I’m not vouching for you if you get caught. I am not Little Bell Peep,” I groused.

The pack laughed at my revision of the nursery rhyme, Sam and Jake clearly enjoying it more.

“You’re not going to have to vouch for us, Bella! Wolves are stealthy,” Paul grinned arrogantly.

“And apparently don’t lack much in the way of egotism,” I teased, rolling my eyes.

“Got that right, babe,” Paul winked, earning warning growls from my wolves.

“Don’t start pissing off the Alphas, Paul,” Jared warned with a smirk.

“Eh, they know I don’t go for the pale faces,” Paul shrugged.

I wasn’t entirely sure whether or not to be offended by that statement, but my wolves were quick to defend me. Sam had Paul by the throat and Jake had Paul’s wrists behind his back.

“Apologize to our mate! Now!” Sam roared, shaking him.

“Shit! I’m sorry! I was just kidding!” Paul shouted, clearly panicked.

“You do not insult our mate that way!” Jake snarled, pulling his arms tighter.

I winced at the look of pain on Paul’s face, worried about his shoulders popping out of joint.

“Sam, Jake, let go of him. He apologized and I accept,” I insisted, moving closer to them.

As I laid my hand on their arms, they both dropped their pack brother to the ground. Paul scooted away, hand to his throat and shoulder.

“Any of you insult Bella again and you will wish our punishment would be so kind,” Sam threatened, glaring at the pack.

“Stop it, Sam Uley! Paul was teasing! Sure it was a sick joke, but he’s your pack brother! You do not insult them like this!” I scolded, slapping his arm.

My hand stung and it probably hurt me more than him, but it was done mainly to get a point across.

Sam’s jaw clenched, but he didn’t say anything else as the pack began spreading out again. His body was trembling beside me own, showing how angry he really was.

“Sam, it doesn’t matter. There are going to be lots of people who say stuff about us. You have to learn to ignore them,” I murmured, stroking his arm.

He let out a sigh, relaxing his body and pulling me closer to his side.

“I know. I just hate that you have to get it from the pack, too. They all view you as family, but they still can’t seem to keep their mouths shut,” Sam frowned.

“Listen to what you just said. We’re family and families pick on each other. It’s the way of life. I won’t take it personally, so neither should you. Next time, I’ll probably tease him right back about his temper. You have to let me fight my own battles, Sam, or they’ll never respect me,” I argued.

“I know, I know,” Sam repeated into my hair.

I turned to see Jake smiling at us from the side and reached my hand out for him. He took it quickly, allowing me to pull him closer. I sighed contently, never happier than I was in that moment, sandwiched between my two wolves.

“You know, this is the warmest I’ve been all night,” I commented, giggling a little.

“We’ll always be here to keep you warm, Bells. Always,” Jake whispered into my ear before kissing my neck.

I sighed as both of their lips fastened to either side of my neck. My head dipped back, giving them more room as they marked me. I smiled slightly, thinking about a dog marking his territory. I was just grateful they weren’t peeing on me.

“I hope we can put that beautiful smile on your face every day for the rest of our lives,” Sam murmured, brushing his lips against my temple.

My heart swelled inside my chest as I snuggled deeper between them, allowing their love and comfort to surround me. I knew I would need the strength of their love tomorrow. There was no doubt in my mind that the student body at Forks High was going to have a field day with the rumors about the new girl and her two Native American boyfriends.


I had become a pro at being the new kid at school. Over the years, Renee and I had moved around at least once every year or so. Because of that, when I walked into Folks High on Monday morning, the stares from all the students didn’t bother me too badly. I just kept my head down and made my way to the main office for my schedule.

I knew Jake, Paul, Leah, and Jared were outside the school, keeping watch for any move on the Cullens’ part to get near me. As I walked out of the main office, schedule in hand, I smirked at how ridiculous the notion was. Everyone in this school was going to treat me like a social leper, if the looks from the students currently in the hall were any indication.

The wide eyed looks and narrowed glares were a little more than what I usually received when attending a new school. I had no doubt that the entire student body knew about Chief Swan’s daughter dating two known members of the Quileute tribe.

I walked into my first class and took a seat near the window, knowing one of the wolves would be looking for me. Ten minutes before class was to start, the teacher walked in, glancing around the room and the few students who were already in class. His eyes landed on me and his face blanked, but his eyes were bright with accusations.

“You must be Isabella Swan,” Mr. Berty acknowledged.

“I am,” I agreed politely.

“Welcome to Forks High. I trust you had time to read all the required materials during your… busy summer,” Mr. Berty smirked, raising one eyebrow in question.

I huffed, amazed at his audacity. The few students in the room didn’t even bother hiding their curiosity as they looked between the pompous ass and myself.

“I assure you, Mr. Berty, I found plenty of time to complete the required reading,” I insisted coldly.

“Good. I look forward to hearing your opinions on the story of Aphrodite,” Mr. Berty nodded, turning to the board.

I clenched my hands into fists, understanding the insult even if no one else did. From the confused looks on a few of the other students’ faces, I knew they didn’t get the slur.

Of course he would compare me to Aphrodite. That goddess had more lovers than she knew what to do with. No doubt the entire population of Forks and La Push thought I was sleeping with, not only Sam and Jake, but multiple other guys as well.

The bell rang, indicating the start of class and I focused on the board, knowing the day would probably only get worse.

I had already copied the notes written on the board when I noticed someone sitting beside me, watching me closely. I looked up, surprised to see an eager smile on the face of a curly brown haired girl.

“Hi! I’m Jessica Stanley and you’re Isabella Swan,” Jessica greeted me.

“Bella,” I nodded, a little unsure about her overly energetic greeting.

“So, is it true? Are you really sleeping with two of those gorgeous Quileute boys?” Jessica asked in a loud whisper.

I chuckled to myself as I turned away from her and focused on the board once again. I should’ve known that would be the only reason she would be interested in speaking to me. No doubt she was the school social gossip, knowing everything about everyone.

“Bella,” Jessica hissed, trying to catch my attention again.

I turned my head slightly, giving me a small smile in question.

“Is it true?” Jessica mouthed.

“Does it matter?” I asked as Mr. Berty began calling out names.

“Uh, yeah! Come on, I promise I won’t tell anyone. Besides, it’s totally hot! Those Quileutes sure know how to grow ‘em,” Jessica giggled.

I groaned internally, dreading the pestering that would no doubt follow me around in the form of Jessica Stanley for the rest of the day if I didn’t find a way to get her off my tail.

The question was, how best to get her off my back. I could try sarcasm, but I doubted she would be able to grasp sarcasm for this subject. Honesty would work, but it would just feed the rumor mill. Ignoring could be taken as agreeing with her accusation.

“Bella,” Jessica whined, dragging out my name.

“Honestly, Jessica, I don’t see why you want to know so badly. What does it matter if I’m sleeping with two guys? What does it matter if I’m not?” I asked.

“It doesn’t, of course. I just want all the juicy details. Friend share details, Bella,” Jessica laughed as though it were the most obvious thing in the world.

“Miss Stanley! Miss Swan! Please try to pay attention in my class,” Mr. Berty snapped.

“Sorry, Mr. Berty,” Jessica smiled, flipping her curls.

I struggled to hold back a snort as I turned my attention back to the front of the classroom.

“We’ll talk later,” Jessica whispered.

I was already ready to rip the girl’s hair out and it was only first period. How would I be after the end of the day?


All the chatter surrounding me was really starting to get on my nerves. Apparently, Jessica’s friends were just as interested in finding out everything they could about my relationship with Jake and Sam. I was getting tired physically, emotionally, and mentally. Sitting at the lunch table, nodding along to whatever the kids at the table were talking about, I struggled to put forth the effort needed to remember their names.

Mike Newton was the easiest one, considering he was the most annoying. His was average in every sense of the word and Jessica was totally hung up on him. Apparently, she liked the whole pouty-puppy look, but who was I to judge, really. I was dating two dogs; she could date a puppy if she wanted.

Angela Webber was another easy one to remember for the simple fact that I actually liked her. She didn’t pester me with questions about Jake and Sam; instead she quietly asked me how I was liking Forks and my classes. We’d talked for a little bit about my moving and I could already tell I had found a friend in her. She didn’t judge me at all, her eyes very kind behind her tortoise shell glasses.

Her boyfriend, Ben Cheney, was easy to remember because he was dating Angela. He wasn’t as quiet as Angela, but he didn’t judge me about my relationship either. They were good for each other and neither one seemed to mind the fact that Angela was just a tad bit taller than him.

All the others kind of faded into the back ground. Jessica had a girl friend who seemed to share her love of gossip, even if she didn’t share Jessica’s fascination with me. Her name was Laura or something like that. I didn’t bother trying to remember her, simply chalking her up as the school bitch and leaving it at that.

“So, Bella, any plans for the weekend?” Jessica asked slyly.

“Jesus, Jess. Could you be any more obvious?” one of the boys laughed.

“What? It’s an honest question,” Jessica shrugged innocently.

“I’ll probably be down in La Push,” I answered in a bored manner.

“Going to see your boy toys?” Laura scowled.

“No,” I replied, leaving it at that.

It was true. Jake and Sam weren’t my boy toys. They were my mates and I didn’t like the way Laura put them down.

“Oh, so you’re going down to hook up with some of the other trash littering First Beach,” Laura sneered.

“Okay, listen up, you bitch, if you want to talk about trash, let’s start with you. Did you forget that you’re not supposed to brow dry your hair while in the tub or did you purposefully stick your fingers into an electric socket this morning when you woke up? As for your clothes, are you planning on standing at the only corner in Forks tonight to pick up enough money to buy your next fix after you let some guy bang you before he goes home to his wife? Or did you forget what size to buy your clothes when you went shopping with your baby’s daddy? Talk trash about my men again, Laura, and I will seriously. Fuck. You. Up,” I warned darkly.

Everyone at the table sat in awe after my little speech. I snorted, shaking my head at them before grabbing my lunch and moving to another table. As I was walking away, they finally seemed to regain their speech.

“My name is Lauren!” Laura shrieked after me.

I didn’t bother looking back as I made my way to the only empty table in the cafeteria, right next to a table with five of the most beautiful people I’d ever seen in my life. They all had pale skin and golden eyes, leaving me to believe they were related somehow. There were two girls and three boys. One of the girls was incredibly small, almost pixie like with short black hair and a small nose. She was under the arm of a dark blond, curly haired guy who looked almost angry as he looked around the room. There was one guy who looked like he could play football as a linebacker and totally kick ass at it, he was so huge. He had his arm on the back of the chair of a gorgeous blond who looked around the room with clear distaste. The last one was a bronze haired Adonis, perfectly relaxed in his seat.

At least, until I took my seat at the next table over.

As soon as I sat down, they all started watching me with interest, clearly having heard my rampage like the rest of the cafeteria. That would be all fine and dandy if the one with the bronze hair wasn’t glaring at me like I’d just killed his puppy.

Trying to ignore all the looks I was receiving, I went back to eating my lunch, counting down the seconds until I could leave this place and be with my wolves again.


I was early to Biology, as I had been to almost all my classes. Jessica left me alone after my tirade at the lunch table, as did most of her friends. I was grateful for that, even if I was a little sad that I was losing friends already, before I even had time to really make them. In a different world, maybe Angela and I could’ve been friends, but in this world, it probably wasn’t likely.

The teacher walked in with a few students, talking animatedly amongst them. I noticed Angela and Ben were amongst them and suddenly found my notebook very interesting. Just because I was acting like a completely careless bitch didn’t mean I actually felt that way. Sure I was annoyed with people at this school, but that’s just because it was easier than getting hurt every time someone made a remark about my relationship with Sam and Jake. They would never understand, so what was the point trying to placate them?

“I’m just saying, Mr. Banner, we really need another member if we’re going to keep our funding. The school board is already talking about pulling the plug because there are so few of us. If we want to keep our club, we have to have more members,” Angela was insisting as I tried not to be obvious about eavesdropping on their conversation.

“I understand, Angela. I was at the last school board meeting, too. Unfortunately, none of the other students are interested in joining the Biology Club. It’s not as popular as Drama, Debate, or Varsity. Unless you can find a student, we haven’t already gone to, interested in joining, the school board is going to get rid of this club,” Mr. Banner explained.

I bit my lip, wondering how much longer until class started. I glanced at the clock to see it would only be another five minutes.

“They can’t just get rid of Bio Club! It’s not fair that funding is so imbalanced,” Ben argued.

“I’m sorry, Ben, but there’s nothing I can do. Please, take your seats. We can discuss this at the next meeting,” Mr. Banner sighed.

“Fine,” Ben grumbled, turning with the rest of the small group to take their seats.

I chewed on my pen cap as they filed past me, glancing up briefly as Angela stopped in front of my bench desk.

“Mind if I sit with you?” Angela asked with a shy smile.

“Oh, um, sure,” I stuttered, shifting my things to only half of the table.

“Thanks. Ben usually works with Mike since he has no idea what he’s doing,” Angela told me.

“Oh,” I answered smartly.

“I was really impressed with what you did today at lunch. Lauren in a bitch, but nobody has the guts to stand up to her, really. With so many people backing her up, she kind of runs the school,” Angela informed me.

“Really? I thought stuff like that was only on TV or in movies,” I laughed.

“Oh, no. It’s very real here. Her family is wealthy. Not as wealthy as the Cullens, but wealthier than most of the people around here. Her dad is in politics and her mom is a lawyer. Why they decided on Forks as their home, I’ll never know,” Angela admitted with a roll of her eyes.

“It does seem like a strange place,” I agreed.

Before Angela could respond, there was another shadow falling over our bench.

“You must be Isabella Swan. Welcome to Biology,” Mr. Banner greeted with a smile.

“It’s Bella and thank you. Happy to be here,” I answered truthfully.

“Tell me, Bella, how familiar are you with this material? I noticed from your transcripts that you were in Advanced Biology in your old school,” Mr. Banner said.

“Uh, yeah, I was. I read over the book this summer and it’s basically just a repeat of what we did last year,” I shrugged.

“Hmm. Well, hopefully you and Angela will be able to keep yourselves occupied,” Mr. Banner grinned.

I nodded as he turned to walk away.

“I didn’t know you were into Biology,” Angela whispered excitedly.

“Yeah. I’m pretty good as science and I like it most of the time. English is my best subject, though,” I acknowledged.

“You should join the Biology Club! I’m sure you heard that we need another member or they’re going to pull the plug on us. It’ll give you a chance to meet more people and make some friends. Ben and I are both members, along with Sarah Thompson and Derek Matthews. There are a few others, but they don’t come as regularly,” Angela explained.

“I don’t know,” I hedged.

“Oh, please? At least come to our first meeting of the year?” Angela begged.

“When is it?” I asked hesitantly.

“This Thursday, after school,” Angela answered eagerly.

“Alright. I guess I could stay after and see if it’s worthwhile,” I agreed.

“Thank you!” Angela cheered, wrapping her arms around me in a hug.

I laughed lightly, patting her arms as the rest of the students filed into class. Just before the final bell rang, I noticed one of the students from lunch come into class. It was the bronze haired one who’d glared at me liked I’d killed his puppy. I shivered under his cold gaze and quickly turned my attention to Mr. Banner, trying to ignore the tingles running up and down my spine.

“Oh my gosh. I can’t believe that,” Angela murmured beside me.

“What?” I asked, just as quietly.

“Edward Cullen is actually showing an interest in someone,” Angela laughed in disbelief.

Cullen. The vampire family Sam and Jake had warned me away from. Suddenly, the incredible beauty of him and his family made sense. A feeling of dread came over me as I realized what Angela had just said.

“Who?” I whispered, barely audible.

“You, of course. He’s already seen everyone else at this school,” Angela smiled.

“Yeah, well, I’m taken,” I reminded her.

“I know that, but maybe he doesn’t. Jessica is going to flip,” Angela giggled.

I smiled, figuring Angela didn’t giggle often and definitely not at the expense of someone else.

“Alright, class. I hope you are all ready to dive into the fun filled world of Biology!” Mr. Banner cheered, beginning class.

Angela and I shared a look, struggling not to laugh.

Oh, yes. Angela Webber was definitely going to be a good friend.


The final bell rang, indicating it was time to go home. I joined the crush of student bodies hurrying towards the parking lot. A part of me was hoping Jake or Sam would be waiting for me at my truck, but I knew it was an unrealistic wish.

I was just about to leave the building when a cool hand landed on my shoulder. I jerked to the side, naturally recoiling from the cold. The pixie girl from the Cullen table smiled at me.

“Hi. You’re Bella Swan. I’m Alice Cullen,” Alice introduced herself.

“Hi,” I answered, unsure of what to do.

“Don’t worry, Bella. I don’t want to hurt you. I just want to talk, real quick,” Alice assured me with a smile.

“Okay. About what?” I asked, shifting nervously.

“Your wolves. They called Carlisle and extended the treaty, which is fine, but since we go to the same school, it will make staying away from you a little difficult. I’m sure you noticed that my brother, Edward, has a class with you. He’s going to try to change the class right now, but he won’t have any luck. Can you please talk to your wolves and explain that Edward will stay away as best he can, but he can’t exactly change classes?” Alice requested.

“Um, sure. I guess. Why didn’t you just call Sam?” I asked, still a little nervous about being alone with her.

“Because. Vampires are curious creatures and we’ve been told not to get near you. Of course that makes us all the more interested in you. I just wanted to see what you were like,” Alice shrugged, still smiling.

I nodded, eyeing the door to my left.

“Well, I guess I’ll see you tomorrow. And don’t worry, I do mean see only. Bye, Bella!” Alice laughed as she walked out.

I waited for a few minutes, a little stunned after the whirlwind that was Alice Cullen. I pushed the door open and hurrying towards my truck.

I smiled when I noticed Leah leaning against my truck, giving the Cullens the evil eye.

“Hey, Leah. What’s up?” I asked, coming to a stop in front of her.

“You were taking a long time to come out, so I thought I’d come see what was taking so long. It’s a good thing, too. You reek,” Leah accused.

“What! I do not!” I denied, sniffing my sleeve.

“Yes, you do. Who were you talking to in there?” Leah asked.

“Alice Cullen,” I told her.

She growled, glaring at the Cullens.

“Listen, Leah. She just wanted me to pass along a message to Sam and Jake,” I assured her, placing a hand on her arm.

She continued to growl, clearly not willing to let it go. I tugged on her arm, trying to get her into the truck.

“Leah, come on. I need to see Sam and Jake,” I urged, pulling her.

She snarled one last time before allowing me to finally get her into the truck.

“Move over, Swan, I’m driving,” Leah growled, pushing me into the passenger seat.

“Fine. Just, take me to Sam and Jake,” I insisted.

She didn’t answer as she peeled out of the parking lot, something I didn’t even know my truck was capable of doing.

“Sam is going to freak. You are so lucky you’re his imprint. Don’t you dare flinch from him if he gets angry! You so much as show a millimeter of fear, I will show you what it means to be truly afraid!” Leah practically shouted at me.

“Leah! I am not Emily!” I screamed, feeling tears come to my eyes.

“I know you’re not, but damn it, Bella, Sam doesn’t need this!” Leah yelled, slamming her hand against the steering wheel.

“What the hell was I supposed to do, Leah? She’s stronger than me, faster than me, smarter than me. It’s not like I could’ve gotten away if she didn’t want me to,” I pointed out angrily.

“I know, I know. Sorry. I’m just really protective of Sam. He doesn’t need to lose anyone else,” Leah sighed wearily.

“I’m not going anywhere,” I promised.

“Good. Just remember how much you love him when he flips his lid,” Leah nodded, parking the truck.

“I never said-“ I started.

“Oh, please. Save it, Swan. It’s obvious you’re in love with them,” Leah snorted, climbing out of the truck.

I sat there, gaping at her as she walked into the house, calling for Sam.

Was it possible? Was I already in love with Jake and Sam?

“SHE DID WHAT?”

Sounded like Leah didn’t wait for me to tell my wolves what had happened.

Fantastic.


No comments:

Post a Comment