Monday, March 24, 2014

Alpha Beta Imprint: Chapter Thirteen

Disclaimer: I am not Stephanie Meyer. I do not own Twilight.

Chapter Thirteen

Bella’s POV

It’s amazing how quickly a relatively happy morning can turn sour so quickly. After Jake and I had cleaned up after breakfast, the pack had descended like an angry swarm of locus. Our living room was full of growls and angry words, all surrounding the woman who had shown up last night.

I was sitting between my two wolves, a little worried about some of the pack members’ tempers as their bodies vibrated in their seats.

“Alright, enough! Quiet down!” Sam boomed, silencing them all.

“Finally,” Leah grumbled, slumping in her seat.

“I don’t want to hear any more about what a bitch Emily is or how much you all hate her. I understand your anger, but it needs to stop. After discussing it with Jake and Bella, we’ve decided I will meet with Emily and hear what she has to say. Only then will I decide on a course of action for us to take. Regardless, you will all treat her with respect when you speak to her or you won’t speak to her at all,” Sam dictated.

I smiled, insanely proud of how strong he was being. I knew talking to Emily was the last thing he wanted to do, but he knew it was something he had to do in order to gain closure.

A chorus of outraged arguments was suddenly flung in his direction, my eyes widening drastically at the sheer volume. Sam held up a hand, demanding silence.

“I understand and appreciate all your support, but this is between Emily and I,” Sam stated calmly.

“I can’t believe you! Damn it, Sam, that bitch doesn’t deserve one second of your time!” Leah swore, leaping to her feet.

“Sit down!” Jake barked.

Leah fell back into her chair, scowling at my imprints.

“This is not up for discussion. Sam is going to see Emily, alone, this afternoon. You will notice that the one person who should have a major problem with this has been sitting quietly while the lot of you idiots shout at each other. Bella trusts Sam as her imprint to do right by her and by him. As his pack, you should give him the same courtesy, even if you do disagree. So shut your traps and get out,” Jake ordered.

The pack followed Jake’s instructions, but they all grumbled on the way out. No one, it seemed, was happy with Sam’s decision to talk to Emily.

Sighing, I leaned my head against Sam’s shoulder, a silent show of support. I smiled happily when I felt his lips press against the top of my head.

“I love you,” Sam murmured into my hair.

“I love you, too,” I whispered, turning to kiss his exposed bicep.

The warm skin under my lips brought an unwanted thought to my head and I blurted out my worry before I could really think about it.

“You are going to wear a shirt when you go to see her, right?” I asked.

Apparently, that was just the thing to break the bleak mood cast by the pack meeting as both my wolves laughed at my question.

“If it makes you feel better, I’ll dig up a shirt,” Sam smiled, kissing my head again.

“Good. I don’t want her seeing what she’s been missing since she walked out. I’m the only one who gets to ogle your muscles, mister,” I insisted, sounding like a petulant child.

“Yes, ma’am,” Sam saluted before throwing an arm around my shoulders.

And that was that. For the remainder of the morning, we went about our normal business. We watched the pre-game show and I tried not to let my nerves over Sam meeting with the ex-love-of-his-life show.

When noon rolled around, I fixed us sandwiches, ten each for my wolves and two for me. By the time we’d finished, we all knew Sam wouldn’t put it off any longer.

“You’ll still be here when I get back, right?” Sam asked, wanting reassurance.

“Of course,” I promised, smiling up at him.

“I love you,” Sam murmured, leaning down to kiss me once.

“I love you, too,” I sighed.

“Alright, enough of this. Get outta here so I can have our girl all to myself for a while,” Jake jeered.

“Enjoy it while you can, Black. You’ve got patrol with Jared at six,” Sam called, walking down the steps.

“I think I will,” Jake grinned, wrapping an arm around my waist.

I rolled my eyes at him, even while I smiled at his goofiness.

“Come on, dog breath. You can help me clean up the kitchen,” I insisted, leading the way.

“You know, I’m starting to think the only reason you keep me around is to help you clean,” Jake pouted.

“Nah. You make a great sex toy, too,” I teased.

“Mmm, care to rediscover just how great?” Jake asked, lips pressed against my neck.

“After we clean the kitchen,” I persisted, swatting at him.

“Sure, sure. We could always have some fun while we clean the kitchen, though, Bells,” Jake smirked, wiggling his eyebrows at me.

“Keep your hands in the water, Jacob Black,” I ordered, taking his hands and shoving them into the sink.

“Fine. Just know, Bells, I’m a very determined wolf. You won’t escape me for long,” Jake warned.

“I don’t think I’ll be trying too hard when the time comes,” I told him, my voice going slightly husky.

“Damn it, honey. Don’t do that to me when you know you won’t let me get any,” Jake whined, giving me a desperate look.

“I love you,” I laughed, pressing my lips to his.

“Mm-hm. I do love it when we play house,” Jake hummed, leaning down to capture my lips again.

I threaded my fingers through his hair, arching my body into his chest as I did. His hands stayed in the water as my tongue reached out and flicked against the seam of his lips. He opened his mouth for me, letting my tongue slip inside to stroke against his.

“Honey, stop,” Jake pleaded, breaking the kiss.

I was breathing heavily, starring up at him through half-lidded eyes.

“I know you’re worried about Sam, Bells, and even though I’d love to take your mind off things, I don’t think sex is the way to do it,” Jake whispered, pressing his forehead to mine.

I felt tears gather in my eyes as I focused on his chest. The pressure in my chest and the back of my throat made it nearly impossible for me to deny his claim.

“I’m scared,” I choked out.

“Honey, shh. He’s going to be fine. Don’t you think for one minute she has any hold over his heart now. You’ve got it all, Bells. He’d die before hurting you that way,” Jake insisted strongly.

“He still loves her,” I sniffled.

“Maybe, but it’s nowhere near how much he loves you. Take up that dish towel and I’ll tell you a little secret while we finish these dishes,” Jake nudged, starting to wash a plate.

I took the towel as instructed and waited patiently for him to begin talking.

“Now, not many people know this about Sam, but about six months before he and Emily were going to graduate high school, he seriously considered dumping her. They got into this huge fight about college and what they wanted to do after they graduated. Emily wanted to go as far away as possible and never come back, but Sam wanted to go to Seattle and come back to La Push once they graduated, help make the rez better and all that. They fought about it for weeks. Sam finally gave in and agreed to follow her, wherever she went.

“Of course, that was before all the phasing started happening. Once he phased for the first time, he was stuck here. College became impossible. Emily just figured he was trying to get out of traveling to New York and was going to leave without him. He couldn’t tell her about the wolf gene at first, was worried she wouldn’t accept him. When he phased in front of her the first time, it was an accident and she didn’t get hurt. They were still in high school at this point, but graduation was coming fast. Emily agreed to wait for him to gain control before they left together. And you know that never happened.

“They got into a fight with each other shortly before they were planning on leaving. Jared had just started phasing at this point and Sam didn’t want to leave him to go through it alone. Emily threatened that she would leave forever if he didn’t come with her. That was the fight that resulted in her scars. And you know the rest,” Jake explained.

We were leaning against the counter, having finished washing the dishes. His arms were crossed as he faced me and I was staring at the floor, anger and empathy welling inside of me as Jake finished talking.

“Oh my gosh. She’s horrible,” I practically hissed.

“Yeah, but they were happy for most of the time. Sam would’ve done anything to make her happy, but now you know. Sam will always choose you, Bella. Not because of the imprint, but because he knows you would never hurt him the way Emily did. And because you accept him and the responsibilities that come with him,” Jake smiled, brushing hair out of my face.

“Is it awful of me to want to kill her for what she did to him? I mean, the leaving was bad enough, but to know that she put him through so much hell while they were together…” I trailed off, my anger growing stronger.

“No, honey. I’d say that’s a good thing that you feel so strongly about what she did to him,” Jake smiled, pulling me into his arms and resting his head on top of mine.

I sighed loudly, letting all my anger melt away under Jake’s skillful hands rubbing my back.

“Sam loves you, Bells. You know it just as much as you know you love him. He’ll need you when he comes back,” Jake murmured, kissing the top of my head.

“I figured,” I admitted.

“Honey, once this all blows over, we’ll be just fine,” Jake chuckled, backing away slightly.

I gave him a small smile and he tugged my hand, leading me into the living room.

“Come on. Let’s watch the Cowboys destroy the Redskins,” Jake grinned.

“Shouldn’t you cheer for the Redskins? I mean, you’re Native American and their mascot is a Native American,” I pointed out.

“Yeah, Bells, but they suck,” Jake frowned.

“Oh, trust me, I know,” I smiled.

“Woo! Go Cowboys!” Jake cheered, turning on the TV.

“Go Cowboys,” I agreed with a laugh.


Sam’s POV

I stood staring at the door in front of me, wondering why she was back and what she had to say that brought her back. Three years. I hadn’t seen or heard from her in three years.

Taking a deep breath, I walked up the three front porch steps and knocked on the door. It took a few minutes before she opened the door, her brown eyes meeting mine instantly.

“Sam,” Emily smiled softly.

“Emily,” I nodded once.

“Come on in. I was just finishing up a late lunch. Would you like anything?” Emily offered, leading him into the house.

“No thanks,” I answered, glancing around.

The house hadn’t changed much since the last time I’d been in here. Of course, she hadn’t been here since that time, so I shouldn’t have been surprised. The house had been left to her by her grandparents, though she’d never used it, having moved in with me after high school.

The pictures of us still stood on the walls, mocking me of a time when life had been easier.

“I miss those days,” Emily sighed, causing me to turn my head to look at her behind me.

She was standing close.

Too close, my inner wolf growled.

“They were easier,” I admitted, echoing my earlier thoughts.

“We were happy,” Emily smiled wistfully.

I chose not to say anything, waiting for her to tell me why she was back. Her eyes met mine and she inhaled deeply.

“Why don’t you sit down? We can talk for a bit, catch up on things,” Emily offered, indicating the couch.

I sank into the armchair, leaving the couch for her.

“Okay,” Emily nodded, taking her seat.

“Why are you back, Emily?” I asked, getting to the point.

“I missed you. And this place. It is home, after all. I wanted to come home,” Emily answered.

I didn’t say anything, my jaw clenching at her claim of missing me.

“I see the pack has grown quite a bit. And Leah joined. I thought it was only males,” Emily said, giving me a questioning look.

“Sorry, Emily, but I can’t discuss pack business with you,” I stated.

“Why not? It’s not like I don’t already know,” Emily chuckled humorlessly.

“Because you’re not an imprint and only imprints and pack members are privileged to that information,” I told her darkly.

“Sam, come on. You can tell me. It’s not like I don’t already know most of it,” Emily grinned.

“A lot has changed since you left. The tribal Elders forbid me from giving information to outsiders,” I said.

“I’m not an outsider. I’m Quileute,” Emily glared.

“You are not pack,” I practically growled.

“This is ridiculous. I don’t want to fight with you, Sam. I’ve missed you and our life here. I understand you’re angry at me for leaving and I shouldn’t have left the way I did, but I was scared and hurt. My face is never going to be the same and it took me a long time to accept that,” Emily informed me.

“You could’ve talked to me about it. You didn’t have to sneak away in the middle of the night,” I insisted angrily.

“I know and I’m sorry. It was wrong, but please. Give me another chance. I want you back, Sammy, and I know I have no business asking for a second chance, but I never stopped loving you,” Emily whispered brokenly.

I simply stared at her, unsure of exactly what was happening as she stood up and moved closer to me.

“Please, Sam. Please give me another chance. I love you, I always have,” Emily murmured, reaching for me.

“NO!” I roared, jumping away from her.

She fell into the armchair, looking at me with wide eyes as I shook in front of her.

“Sam, please,” Emily squeaked.

“No! You don’t get to talk anymore. And you definitely don’t get to ask for another chance with me. You never loved me, Emily. You loved the idea of us together, but you never loved me. You wanted me to decorate your arm, a piece of eye candy to make all the other women jealous. Well, you can forget that. I’ve moved on and I’m happy. I have a girl who really loves me and I love her with every fiber of my being. Nothing you say or do will ever change that,” I snapped at her.

“Sam,” Emily whimpered.

“It’s over. It was over the minute you disappeared into the night without so much as a goodbye,” I glared.

“Please. I do love you,” Emily sobbed, tears trailing down her face.

“I’m sorry, but I don’t feel the same way,” I told her.

“But you could! You could if you just tried!” Emily accused.

“No. I’ve found my imprint. She’s the love of my life and I’ll never hurt her the way you hurt me,” I vowed.

“Imprint? What the hell is that?” Emily asked angrily.

“She’s my mate, chosen for me by our ancestors. I don’t have time to go into all the details with you, nor do I really want to. Just know she is my life now,” I explained.

“She was chosen for you? As in, you didn’t choose her? But, then you can’t really love her, Sammy. How can you love someone you didn’t choose?” Emily asked excitedly.

“My mind may not have chosen her, but my heart did,” I insisted.

“That’s a load of bullshit and you know it!” Emily screamed.

“Don’t, Emily. It’s too late,” I said.

“No. I won’t give up on you, Sam. You were mine first and I know you still love me. I’ll find a way to show you that,” Emily swore.

“Good luck with that,” I snorted, turning to leave.

“Wait! Don’t leave,” Emily pleaded, clutching at my arm.

“Let go of me,” I ordered, not turning around.

“Please, just one more thing,” Emily begged.

“I know what you want to do, Emily, and I refuse to allow you to try and win me back through seduction,” I growled.

“Just a little kiss, for old times’ sake,” Emily practically purred, trailing a fingernail down my arm.

“Goodbye, Emily,” I snapped, jerking my arm free and walking away from the house.

Without paying attention to where I was going, I started walking, focused only on the ground beneath my feet. The sound of waves crashing told me I was at First Beach. I walked along the shoreline, my thoughts all swirling together. Bella, Emily, imprinting, Bella, Jake, the pack, college, work, Bella, New York, Seattle, La Push, Forks, Bella. My thoughts always returned to Bella and I felt a physical ache to be with her.

Looking up, I noticed the sun was just starting to set and I had been walking for far longer than I’d thought. Glancing around, I realized I was miles from home. Noticing no one else was around, I stripped off my shorts and shirt, tied the two to my leg, and phased. It took me less than thirty minutes to travel the miles it had taken me all afternoon to walk as a human.

I pulled on my shorts as I came out of the trees behind the house, looking up to see the kitchen light on, but no sign of Bella. I walked in, hearing the TV on in the living room.

“Bella?” I called as I came down the hallway.

I smiled at the sight that greeted me in the living room. My girl, curled up on the couch, one of my few t-shirts riding up her legs. I stood there, watching her for a few minutes, just taking in her presence.

As if feeling my gaze on her, she began to stir, blinking sleepily at the TV before looking right at me.

“Sam?” Bella asked, sitting up and rubbing her eyes.

“Hey, beautiful. Have a nice nap?” I asked, coming forward to squat in front of her.

“I didn’t even realize I’d fallen asleep,” Bella mumbled, stretching.

“Were you awake when Jake left?” I asked, brushing hair out of her face.

“Yeah. He was worried about you. He thought you would’ve been home earlier,” Bella frowned.

“I’m sorry. I got lost in thought and ended up a few miles down the beach,” I apologized, realizing it wasn’t just Jake who’d been worried.

“S’okay. You’re back now,” Bella smiled, wrapping her arms around my neck.

“I am and I’ve missed you,” I murmured, brushing my lips against hers.

I didn’t give her time to respond as I lifted her from the couch and carried her down the hallway to our bedroom. My lips hungrily consumed her, my tongue reaching out for just a little taste of my Bella. I fell onto the bed, her underneath me, and began pulling at her shirt, eager for more of her skin.

“Sam,” Bella moaned when I broke the kiss to pay homage to her neck.

I bit down on her pulse point, harder than usual, causing her body to jerk against mine deliciously. Growling deeply, I pressed my hips to hers, my already straining cock moving against her jean covered mound.

Whimpers escaped Bella’s mouth as I ripped her shirt off, baring her body to me. Her breasts were nestled in a sexy white bra with feminine lace along the side. My dick jerked painfully as I fitted my hands over the smooth material. Her back arched as I squeezed her breasts, watching the way they moved with my hands.

“Sam!” Bella pleaded desperately.

I moved my hands away despite her restless body writhing beneath me. My hands went to her jeans, eager to see if she had bought a matching set. I groaned as I took in a pair of white lacy boyshorts, nearly cumming in my shorts at the arousing sight before me.

I had to take a minute and sit back, just looking at her. Her hair was fanned out across Jake’s pillow, one of her arms thrown up by her head. The other was resting on her stomach, her fingers slowly circling her bellybutton. I shook with my need to have her, but I was loath to destroy the picture of sexy innocence set up before me.

“I like these,” I finally said, my hands moving to cup her ass as I kissed her lower lips.

“I’m glad,” Bella panted, arching into my mouth.

“Too bad they’ll have to go, but I think we’ll save this pair,” I decided, slipping the panties down her legs.

I tossed them over my shoulder and returned my hands to her voluptuous ass, pulling her closer to my mouth.

“I want to see you wear them again. Right now, I just want to taste you,” I smirked.

“Oh, God!” Bella cried, throwing her head back as I flicked my tongue out to taste her.

“Mmm. You taste so good, baby. I could live off this little patch of heaven alone,” I told her.

Her little sounds of pleasure had my cock straining to be free, but I battled down my own desire, not nearly finished with the task at hand. I trailed my flattened tongue along her slit, gathering as much of her juice as I could, before nibbling at her clit. I bit down harder when she screamed, wanting to hear her again.

“SAM! Oh my God, please, Sam! PLEASE!” Bella screamed, her hands clawing at my scalp.


I growled against her clit, the vibrations causing her to scream loud enough to nearly shatter my eardrums as she came on my tongue. I lapped it up slowly, savoring the salty flavor as she trembled above me.

“Sam,” Bella whined, tugging at my hair.

“Mmm, yes, beautiful?” I hummed, kissing her hipbones.

“Come here,” Bella requested, pulling harder.

Smirking slightly, I slowly made my way up her body, nipping along the way. By the time I’d reached her lips, she was rubbing her thighs together in an effort to ease the ache rebuilding between them and I was about to bust from my struggle of remaining apart from her.

“I need you, Bella,” I whispered in her ear, taking the lobe between my teeth and biting down gently.

Her body jerked against mine in response, her legs parting and allowing her slick folds to caress my swollen cock. I bit down on her neck, growling lowly, and she jerked against me again.

“Sam,” Bella moaned, her nails racking down my back.

Practically snarling in my need for her, I barely remembered to slide on a condom before I slammed in her to the hilt. Her scream reverberated off the walls and my wolf growled as our mate submitted to us.

Her passage was so slick with her arousal that I slid in and out of her easily. Her nails dug into my ass as she urged me deeper inside her. Our teeth clinked together as I brutally attacked her mouth, my tongue dominating hers as I mimicked my cock’s pounding. She was making soft whimpering sounds beneath me as she clawed at my sides, her hips thrusting to meet my own.

There were no words passed between us, my wolf too far gone to allow the man in me any room. This was claiming, pure and simple.

Her screams picked up as she neared her climax and I lifted her legs up to rest in the crook of my arms, letting me sink deeper inside of her. One of my hands snaked up to grab hold of her hair, jerking her head to the side to expose her neck. My wolf growled savagely as my orgasm came quickly.

Bella screamed beneath me, her pussy clenching on my dick almost painfully. I roared out my own release, still thrusting as I slowly came back from the edge of insanity.

Only then did I taste the blood coating my teeth and see the points where my teeth as puncture her skin. My wolf growled possessively seeing the mark and I struggled to push him back, needing to know my girl was okay.

“Bella? Sweetheart, are you alright?” I asked, my voice breathless.

“Oh, fuck, yes,” Bella moaned sleepily, her eyes closed in post-coital bliss.

My fingers gently traced over the wound, coming away bloody. My stomach tightened at the knowledge of hurting my mate while my wolf glorified in the claiming.

“Stay still, sweetheart. I’m going to go get something to clean you up with,” I murmured, kissing her forehead as tenderly as possible.

“M’kay,” Bella mumbled, smiling dreamily.

I walked into the bathroom, quickly disposing of the condom and grabbing the first aid kit before returning to my mate. She was in the same position, all spread out on my bed, looking thoroughly sexed up.

I shook off the thoughts, knowing she needed tending to, not another round of fucking.

“This may sting a bit,” I warned, dabbing on some peroxide.

“SHIT!” Bella shouted, jerking up.

My hand on her shoulder kept her down, but she was now glaring at me.

“What the hell, Sam?” Bella frowned, reaching up to remove my hand from her neck.

“No. Just wait,” I pleaded, removing the gauze to see the bleeding had stopped.

I quickly applied some Neosporin and covered the mark with the biggest Band-Aid I could find.

“What the hell are you doing?” Bella asked, calmer this time.

“I marked you. You were bleeding,” I told her.

“You… marked me?” Bella asked.

“Yes,” I answered, not meeting her eyes.

“As in, you bit me,” Bella clarified.

I didn’t respond. She already knew the answer.

“Sam, it’s okay,” Bella whispered, sitting up to press her cheek against my shoulder.

“No, it’s not. I hurt you and my wolf… my wolf was happy about it,” I admitted ashamedly.

“I would be upset if he wasn’t. I’m your mate, of course your wolf would want to mark me as yours,” Bella chuckled.

“But you were bleeding,” I pointed out.

“Just means the mark will be permanent like my other scars, but I’ll be proud of this one,” Bella assured me, her fingers threading through mine.

“I’m sorry,” I mumbled.

“I’m not. Now, lay down. Just because you marked me doesn’t mean I’m letting you out of snuggle time,” Bella insisted, pulling me down beside her.

“I love you,” I whispered, kissing her briefly.

“I love you too,” Bella smiled, her eyes already closing.

With my wolf still on a high over marking our mate, I stayed awake long after she’d fallen asleep, just watching over her and thanking whoever was listening for giving her to me.



No comments:

Post a Comment